Sunday, September 25, 2011

Star Virgo: Redang Island Day 1

.: August 31, 2011, Wednesday :.

Phew. I never thought I could make it on time. I was prepared to burn the travel voucher just like last time. Everything began few months ago when we got this awesome good deal on Star Virgo Cruise. Well, just like anything else without proper planning especially on a company leave wise, it was destined to be doomed. I had one good example before, I bought a trip to Batam, since I never been there before, and on the day itself, I couldn’t get a work leave, hence the first doom. Had to close one eye and tried not to think the money left wasted *sob*. 

Almost like the first one, I knew days before that I had a small chance of going. Geez, so damn busy at office for that whole week. You never know how I mentally schemed the situation to figure out a loop hole and came up with explanation so I could go, but no matter what it was like there wasn’t any hole for me to escape. Many meetings I couldn’t ditch out coz they’ll affect my future haha. Luckily, all meetings finished on-time which was a miracle, coz like, never before in our company a meeting finished on a scheduled time! So I quickly hopped on a cab at 6 PM and rushed to Harbourfront Centre. The check in counter would be closed at 6:30 and the gate will be closed at 7 PM. By the time I reached there, bf already waiting at the counter and no one else was queuing. I made it.

After checked in, we found ourselves in a very long queue with lots of Indians and  mainland Chinese pressed against us. Gosh, I don’t know why they like to stand very close to each other and basically people queuing in front of them! It’s not like the queue will move by them doing so!! Anyway, after a grueling 45 minutes or so, we stepped on the cruise. After taking photos, the first thing we did: EAT. We had an international buffet at Mediterranean Restaurant. After that, we roamed about the huge ship; library *ooh the room was so pretty*, slot machines room, and my fave of all was Observatory area. It was a sitting place next to a floor-to-ceiling window. You can just sit there and look out to the sea, sipping a hot chocolate milk, reading book. My definition of relax, indeed.

No comments: