Sunday, April 15, 2012

Birthday Dinner @The Cliff

.: March 20, 2012. Tuesday :.

It's my dear hubby's birthday! We went out for a special French dinner at The Cliff in Sentosa that I booked two weeks in advance before. When we arrived at the hotel resort (where the restaurant is), we were a bit surprised to see that it looked more or less exactly like hotel resort in Bali. Like, the more we stepped into the resort, the more we forgot that we were actually in Singapore. It was a nice feeling. The waiter gave us a good table with an awesome view (I specifically requested what table I wanted in my email reservation. A table overlooking the sea *grin*). Not that we could see the sea in the dark, but well...

We ordered six course degustation menu. They had a four course menu as well and fred almost ordered it, but… come on, four petite dishes? A girl gotta eat! So we ended up with six course.

Fredy s Birthday  The Cliff 2012

 

I had foie gras before, one big foie gras and… yikes, me not like it and couldn't comprehend why people like it so much. I mean, I could eat foie gras but I didn't enjoy eating it. Didn't appreciate it. But all that change after I tasted this foie gras from The Cliff. Oohhh… heaven! It was soft and creamy, like eating tofu, a little crisp on the edge. Even think about it can make me recall what it tasted like. We're definitely going back to The Cliff just for this baby.

Fredy s Birthday  The Cliff 2012  The Food

 

~ The lychee martini dessert was so cute, all in pale pink colour. Refreshing. ~

Fredy s Birthday  The Cliff 2012  The Dessert

 

Our dinner ended with a cup of tea. It was ten plus, we had a good night and we thank God for the life together He has given us.

Happy birthday, love.

Fredy s Birthday  The Cliff 2012  Tea

 

3 comments:

The Sentosa said...

Hi Eve, thanks for the kind review. It's great to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your evening at The Cliff. Hope to have you dine with us again soon.

Lovely watercolour sketches, by the way. :)

Regards,
Cindy Neo
Online Marketing Executive
The Sentosa Resort & Spa

AdeLheid said...

Mr. F keliatan hepi banget :D

eve said...

hihi dia sih klo makan2 pasti hepi :p :p