Thursday, May 10, 2012

Homemade Dinners: Wafu Style

Ever since I bought a Japanese recipe book by Kurihara Harumi, cooking dinners no longer seemed a daunting task. Japanese cooking is fast and simple, I cannot believe how simple it is, as long as you have soy sauce, mirin, sake, dashi stock, you're good to go.

At first, I used the dashi stock that I bought from Japanese supermarket and it was way too salty that my first meal was almost inedible. For the next meal I tried to mix water into the dashi stock but somehow the taste was off. Frustrated with the dashi stock, I decided to make dashi stock myself, using dried bonito flake (かつおぶし) and konbu seaweed. Less salty and definitely no MSG.

 

~ April 16, 2012. Monday ~

Beef and Chicken Ankake Donburi

 

~ April 17, 2012. Tuesday ~

Udon Noodles with a Minced Meat Miso Sauce

 

~ April 29, 2012. Sunday ~

Mazesushi

Hot Soba Noodle Soup with Sliced Beef

 

~ April 30, 2012. Monday ~

Mushrooms Cooked with Dashi Stock Soy Sauce and Mirin

Mackerel Cooked in Miso

No comments: