Sunday, November 18, 2012

Europe Day 4: From Amsterdam to Bruges to Paris

.: September 28, 2012 :.

It was time to leave Amsterdam for Paris!

We hopped on the coach early morning and really, I was sooo hyped up at the thought that I would soon be able to see the famous Eiffel Tower with my loved one. Well, we still got more or less 8 hours driving between us and Paris. On our way, we made a lunch stop at Bruges, Belgium. Hmm… time to go find some waffles. But too bad, we didn't buy any single Belgium chocolate, coz we thought that we could get them in Paris or Italy. Long story short, until the end of our tour, no Belgium chocolate we could find.

Bruges 1

Belgian waffle

 

~ Gaahhh… look at those babies. Oh a feast to the eyes *and taste buds* indeed ~

Bruges 2

 

So maybe I should tell you my first impression of Paris, the so-called a romantic city. Our tour guide announced that we had reached Paris, and I looked out to the window, and gosh, did it look like Jakarta!? No kidding, that was my first impression. Many graffitis on the wall, dirty, and most shocking thing, I saw a homeless man peed on a wall, in a pedestrian street. And just a block away from our hotel. Great. My whole expectations of Paris were quickly crumbling away. Apparently, that is the situation in outskirt area of Paris, we were told. That image you often find in books and TV is from the tourist area, and the gap is wide as what we soon saw it for ourselves during the driving tour.

After checked into our room, we hopped on the coach again for a driving tour. It took maybe 15 minutes by car from our hotel to the centre of Paris. We passed by Love bridge, Arc de Triomphe, Opera House, my absolute favorite - Notre-Dame, and lastly Eiffel Tower. After that, it was free time for us.

Eiffel tower's light show was spectacular, I didn't know they had a light show on Eiffel tower, so it surprised me. When I was busy snapping picture here and there, white sparkling lights suddenly flashing all over the tower for a short while. Beautiful. The light show starts every hour or so at night. Satisfied with all the pictures we took of Eiffel Tower at night, we had dinner at a restaurant nearby. A nice way to end the day.

Eiffel tower 1

Eiffel tower

Paris 1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evaaaa.. Pengen dehhhh jalan2 kesana! Foto yang terakhir apa lagi.. huhuhu keren cafe nya..

eve said...

Gw pengen kesana lg, but next time khusus buat nongkrong di cafe2 haha