Thursday, February 23, 2012

Valentine's Day

Yay… my hubby agreed to become my co-blogger wakkaka. So, it is only appropriate to let him begin his debut to a blogging world by writing about our Valentine's Day 2012 experience.
v(=^o^=)v

.: February 14, 2012. Tuesday :.
Written by: FM
About a week before the D-day, I went to several flower shops to look for special bouquet to give to my wife on Valentine's day. I already had an idea of the bouquet and what I actually wanted was to have the florist to deliver the bouquet to our home, exactly on 12am, but they could not do it, saying that the service is not available for Valentine's day. I was disappointed but I figured that I would just bring it home myself after work.
Secondly, I thought of having a good dinner for our Valentine's day.  So, I was out searching for a nice restaurant for the special dinner.  With a help (or no help) from my colleague, we created a list of restaurants. However, after making some calls, I immediately realized that it was tough to find a good restaurant when I tried to book just a day before the D-day. In the end, I was relieved that I could find one :)
After bouquet and dinner reservation, I still need to prepare for gift. Again, a day before the D-day, I went down to Tiffany & Co in Takashimaya to look for the gift and I got a pendant that I hoped she would like.
This is the first year we celebrate Valentine's Day as wedded couples. It started at 12am at home when I presented the gift to her. I was really glad that she loved it.
Gifts  Valentine s Day
The next day, I was able to sign off early from work. I went to pick up the bouquet and actually wanted to take a cab home after that. The queue was long (guess a lot of people went home early from work that day) so I decided to take the bus home. I was the only one bringing bouquet of flower on my hand, but I could not care less. When I finally arrived home and presented the bouquet, it was well received (hurray) :D
We could not spend more time at home as we need to send our parents and brother to the airport. When we reached the airport and finished checking in, it was still early. To spend more time together while waiting for boarding, we went to "Paradise Inn" restaurant (just upstairs) to relax and have some food. However, after flipping the menu for about 10 minutes, we could not decide on what to order. We ended up ordering set menu. It came with a veggie dish cooked with salted egg, fried rice, wasabi shrimp, chicken soup, desserts and cold drinks. It was good. I ended up eating a lot and was wondering whether I could eat my Valentine's dinner later :P
After waving goodbye to our parents and brother, we realized that it was still 7.30pm when our dinner would be at 9pm. We, then decided to go to Changi City Point to just walk around until about 8.15pm before going for the dinner. The dinner was at "Forlino" restaurant, located at One Fullerton. I'd never been to that place so we just followed the sign and after going through alleys and steps, we're finally in the dining hall. The place was exquisite and the view was great. We spent our 7-course Valentine's dinner accompanied by great music from the violinists. The dinner was a special way to close our Valentine's Day. Most importantly, though, I got to spend the special day with my special one ;)
Valentine s Day Dinner
Forlino

~ Our Sumptuous 7-Course Dinner ~
Forlino Valentine s Day Dinner 1
Forlino Valentine s Day Dinner 2

No comments: