Monday, February 20, 2012

What's for Dinner?

.: February 7 - 8, 2012 :.

I'm glad we have a Japanese supermarket, all the major Japanese food brands can be found here. So me and hubby went there for our weekly groceries shopping and I decided to try kare udon and katsu don recipes.

Oh well, kare udon is a no brainer really, you just melt down some kare blocks, add beef, put it on rice or udon. But I was a bit nervous about katsu don tho. As always, I hate it when it comes to deep frying. I can't tell if the dish is cooked or not. My idea of making sure it is cooked through, is to keep frying until it's blackened. If it's not dark golden brown yet, it's not cooked haha. And it didn't stop there, there is another stage of cooking involved in making katsu don.

So when I tasted the final dish, I was quite surprised that it tasted good (not to boast or anything, but it did taste good :p). Now, katsu don is our favorite meal (I leave the frying part to my hubby).

Katsudon and Curry Udon

No comments: