Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Wicked is Wickedly Wicked

Last Saturday we went to see this critically acclaimed Broadway musical, Wicked. I love its theme song, Defying Gravity, since the first time I heard it, made me want to watch the play. Ever since, I was secretly hoping that it would open here in Singapore, and it is! Started from December 2011, the show will open until April 2012 at Grand Theater Marina Bay Sands.




The story tells us about Elphaba and Glinda, how they became known as the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good in the Wizard of Oz story. I'm rooting for the misunderstood Elphaba and as for Glinda, hmm that's a tough one. I found myself hating Glinda at first, she's definetely those popular, shallow, mean girls we all met (or became one? lol) at high school. Halfway through the story though, Glinda and Elphaba became really good friends and it was funny seeing Glinda's effort to make Elphaba popular.




Oooh I loved all the actresses, they are good! I don't even mind watching the play again for the second time or the third time, or the fourth time... you got the idea. Not bored at all!! I can clearly see why the Wicked got all the major awards. Five out of five witch hats. 

No comments: