Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chocolate by the Bald Man and White Kipling

On last Sunday after church service, I went to National Library to borrow some watercolor books, and to go there I have to walk pass Bugis Junction Mall no matter what. Now this is dangerous, everyone, as I already proved it *sigh*. So here's the story. We walked out from Bugis MRT station and moi mind still safely fixed on watercolor books. Everything was fine. But came the moment when we had to pass by the mall. And guess what I saw. A super giant, in bold red 20% - 70% Kipling SALE!!! Now, you tell me if you can just ignore the calling, geezzz... Being a true Kipling fan, I let myself in and kept telling myself that I needed to check a luggage price for my mom (Ma once told me that she wanted to buy one if there was a huge discount). Straight away I went to luggage sector and what a disappointment, the price was still sky high. So naturally, I went browsing the other areas too, handbag and backpack. Oh my, Kipling sure has a lot of beautiful array of colors to choose from. I found this small backpack but i spent quite some time to decide the color. Brown, gray, blue, black, pink... getting dizzy... so finally i decided to take home the cute white Kipling for $91. And right after I paid, I snapped back to reality. Man!! I paid 91 bucks for SMALL bag!!! Oh well, back to the plan. Continued the short visit to library…

Finished with the books matter, we walked back to mrt station carrying the super heavy books under the blazing Singapore sun. Desperately in need for something cold and refreshing, we decided to have some parfaits in City Hall... at least that was our first intention but I didn't know why we ended up indulging ourselves in chocolate at Max Brenner. Now, this cafe definitely is for choco lover. I walked in, sat down, opened the menu, and I was like whoaaa... the menu design itself already shows how much the founders' love to choco is and that makes me want to open a similar cafe *grin*

.: A Chocolate cake with warm chocolate sauce inside. Me in heaven :p :. 

 brownies choco cake

Basically there's nothing inside the menu that doesn't scream “YUMMM”, at least to me. Almost all of them use chocolate as an ingredient *what more can I ask?* and I was like a little girl inside the candy store, wanting to try everything. Seriously, if you have a sweet teeth like I do, you should try Max Brenner :p

waffle

We finally settled with waffle and chocolate cake. OMG! They were totally delish!

The waffle… oh the waffle… I didn’t know that a waffle could be THAT tasty. I mean, I can eat it without any additional stuff. It’s that good. I definitely will go back for the waffle.

5 comments:

stephanie said...

drooling..........................

AdeLheid said...

kenapa semua blog isinya makanan yaaa hahaha......
looks yummy...
berarti lain kali kalo ke library jgn lupa pinjem buku resep buat bikin waffle juga^^

eve said...

wakkaka maklum nge, disini kering ga ada tempat jalan2 lg,
terpaksa cari pelarian ke makanan hi3

Teddy said...

makan trus... haha

Teddy said...

enak wafflenya, va ! thanks ya.