Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A retreat to Oarai

What a tiring long weekend! It began on Saturday when I joined a retreat to Oarai with my church community. I didn't sleep enough the night before and I had to be in Suidoubashi at 9 o'clock. So I literally had to drag myself out of bed at 7 o'clock to get ready. It takes 1 hour by train from Machida to Suidoubashi. Ohh how I longed to call my friends and tell them I wasn't going. I needed my sleep!!!! Well, somehow I made it on time. 9 o'clock sharp people!!! But guess what! I arrived there and only 20 people or so were there. 20 out of 60 people (more or less)!!! Where was everybody??? And the mystery was solved. My friend told me.

A friend:
>>"Didn't you know?"

Me:
>>"No, what?"
A friend:
>>"They told us to gather here at 9 o'clock so that everyone will be here at 10 o'clock, you know... given the Indonesian culture... rubber clock."

Me:
>>*speechless* "..... oh okay."

A friend:

>>"This way certainly it would stick to the schedule. The bus will be here at 10 o'clock and off we go to Oarai at exactly 11 o'clock"
Me:
>>"Well, I didn't know about that. It would be nice though to have a sleep for another hour."
A friend:
>>"Have you had your breakfast?"

Me:

>>*Show her a Choco Croissant bag* "I thought I wouldn't m
ake it in time, so... no, I haven't had breakfast."


Oarai Station >> The diesel train
But the breathtaking view from the bus window along the way to Oarai made it up to my lack of sleep. It was stunningly beautiful. There were rice fields in every direction for as far as I could see which reminded me of Ubud a lot* Oh how I love Ubud T.T * Anyway, about the retreat, I had a few humiliating accidents *things happen ~grin~* but it was fun overall. I left earlier, on Sunday, coz we were planning the usual all-you-can-eat dinner for Edwin's birthday party.

::will be continued on the next post::

2 comments:

AdeLheid said...

HoHoHo...
where is the pic..pic pic...^^?

eve said...

mau upload foto yg ultah edwin... eee baru inget klo blom download dr evan huahahhaa... menyusul lagi dah photonya khukhu