Saturday, December 29, 2012

Europe Day 10: Free Day on the French Riviera… and Monaco

.: October 04, 2012. Thursday :.

I was super excited, we were going to Monaco! I always imagine Monaco as an exclusive, rich, little country, oblivious to the world, so it would be interesting to see it up close. But first, a photo session on the beach. It was my first time seeing a pebbled beach, and it was strange. Even more foreign to me was to see people sun bathing on the pebbles. On the pebbles! Wearing a bikini! In a cold day! Interesting.

Nice beach

Nice  2

Nice  3

Nice  1

Nice

 

I collected some pebbles to paint from this beach. At that time, I was feeling a bit like a fool when I told hubby I wanted those pebbles haha Now, I wish I'd brought back more stones. I like painting on them.

Painted pebbles

 

Alright, off we went to Monaco! We took a train and the view along the way was superb, you could see a marina with yachts, cliffs. The train, in and out of tunnel. It was like waiting for a surprise every time the train went into the tunnel, because you know that once out, there the beautiful scenery awaits you.

Monaco

Monaco  1

Monaco  2

 

We had our lunch at a busy restaurant on our way to the Prince's Palace of Monaco. Finally I had my escargot. Yum.

escargot

ravioli

Monaco  7

 

Now let's tackle the palace!

~ A view of Monaco from the fortress ~

Monaco palace

Monaco  8

Monaco  9

No comments: