Friday, December 28, 2012

Europe Day 8: Barcelona

.: October 02, 2012. Tuesday :.

I must say that this one free day in Barcelona is one of my most memorable days from our trip. It was, I think, because we got to sit down and enjoy the moment and for once didn't bother to spend each passing minute snapping pictures. Oh but I did record a street performer, but more to that shortly.

So, we started our day by visiting Barcelona's football club. Hubby was like a little kid in a candy store haha But I can't tell you how happy I was to accompany him to FCB, even tho I know nothing about soccer. We bought ticket to enter the FCB museum, bought an FCB shirt with his name on it. He wanted to buy me one as well, and my eyes went big, all that money to buy me a football shirt? and I can't think a single day I would wear it hahaha

FCB

FCB

FCB

Barcelona

 

Too bad we couldn't spend more time there, coz our friends were waiting outside. Next was Plaza de Espana, La Font Magica (Magic Fountain), and National Museum, all within close proximity to each other. La Font Magica is located at the front of the National Museum, and there is a boulevard from the National Museum that leads to Plaza de Espana with its Venetian Towers.

~ National Museum ~

Barcelona National Museum

Barcelona

Barcelona

Barcelona

Barcelona

 

And it was here, at the National Museum, the highlight of the day. Halfway up the building, we spotted a little cafe, hmm scratch that, I wouldn't call that a cafe, it was more like a stall with outdoor seatings. Oh the view from this place was awesome, so we ditched our initial plan of climbing those stairs all the way to the top, although I can't imagine the aerial view from the top, must be breathtaking… oh well. So instead, we ordered churros, calamari, hot chocolate and sangria (for me). It was the best decision me and hubby made that day haha. By the time we got our order, a street performer began singing, and it was good. The singing was damn good. It was a pure relaxing hour. The churros were delish, chewy and not too sweet, the hot chocolate was out of this world and so was the sangria.

churros

Sangria

Barcelona  11

 

It was lunch time and we didn't scratch our head thinking what we should eat. We were in Spain, so Paella for lunch. We decided to revisit Las Ramblas again and had our Paella there. And I was surprised to find a local wet market in Las Ramblas. A myriad of colors in there, the color of mushroom, fruits, chocolate, ham, bread, eggs, ...

Paella

Las Ramblas

Las ramblas

Las Ramblas

Las Ramblas

Las Ramblas

Las Ramblas

 

We ended our day by visiting Barcelona famous beach. Just in time for sunset.

Barcelona beach

Barcelona beach

No comments: