Saturday, December 29, 2012

Europe Day 13: Rome and Vatican

.: October 07, 2012. Sunday :.

First destination, Vatican! It was Sunday and the Pope was taking residence in Vatican that day, so the Saint Peter's Basilica was closed. But nevertheless, we still went to Vatican. There was an open space Sunday mass by the time we arrived, and we got to see the Pope… only through the big screen. We were in the same square though, so close yet so far away.

Vatican

 

It was a bit awkward to me actually, seeing a Sunday mass proceeding with so many tourists taking pictures and freely roaming the area surrounding the service. Often if I wanted to get a picture near the Basilica, I found myself tip-toeing closer to the mass as if afraid to disturb the holy activity.

Vatican

Vatican  2

Vatican  4

 

After Vatican, we spent the rest of the day revisiting some tourist spots from yesterday. Ah and did some shopping as well. I got my very first Prada bag, yay *thanks hon*.

Rome

Rome  9

Rome  6

Rome  7

 

~ There were some serious good art works  ~

Rome  10

 

~ I'll never grow tired of risotto ~

Rome  8

 

~ My first gelato in Europe ~

Rome  2

Colosseum

Rome  4

 

This guy was sitting right after a turn, gave me a near heart attack. But gotta admit, the guy's good.

Rome  5

 

Chianti is a red wine produced in Tuscany. You can easily tell a chianti by its unique bottle in a straw basket. Bought two bottles home. A nice strong flavor.

Rome  12

 

Our friend was having a birthday that day, so we bought some roast chickens, bottles of wine, chips and a cake, and we had a party outside our caravan. A nice way to end our stay in Rome, wouldn't you say?

Rome  11

No comments: